Immigrant taxpayers contribute to Georgia’s bottom line.
One in ten Georgia residents is an immigrant, while 7 percent of residents are native-born U.S. citizens with at least one immigrant parent. As immigrants start businesses, buy homes, earn wages and spend disposable income at local businesses, they generate considerable state and local tax revenue regardless of citizenship status. Undocumented Georgians contributed an estimated $352 million in state and local taxes in 2014, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy.
Daniel Ahart Tax Service® prepares all tax returns, helps solve tax problems, and prepares back taxes. 22 Area Locations in Georgia.
Billions in state and local taxes paid each year:
- Immigrant-led households in the state paid $6.6 billion in federal taxes and $3.2 billion in state and local taxes in 2018.
- Undocumented immigrants in Georgia paid an estimated $563.7 million in federal taxes and $355.2 million in state and local taxes in 2018.
- Georgia DACA recipients and DACA-eligible individuals paid an estimated $61.4 million in state and local taxes in 2018.
As consumers, immigrants add tens of billions of dollars to Georgia’s economy
Immigrant households contribute hundreds of billions of dollars in federal income, state, and local taxes nationwide and hold a tremendous amount of spending power. Georgia residents in immigrant-led households had $26.3 billion in spending power (after-tax income) in 2018.
Immigrant entrepreneurs in Georgia generate nearly $2 billion in business revenue:
- 88,290 immigrant business owners accounted for 17 percent of all self-employed Georgia residents in 2018 and generated $1.8 billion in business income.
- In 2018, nearly one-quarter (23 percent) of business owners in the Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta metropolitan area were immigrants.
- Young Georgians brought to the country as children earn about $800 million a year in wages, and contribute an estimated $66 million in state and local taxes.
Schedule An Appointment
Appointments are encouraged so that we are able to limit the number of people in our office. We ask that you come by yourself or with your spouse. Don’t bring extra people such as children.
Use our tool to find the office nearest you or click on a city link below. You will find office information and a link to schedule and manage your appointment on the office page.
Search For An Office
Select office for contact information or to schedule an appointment.