Planning ahead can help people file an accurate return and avoid processing delays that can slow tax refunds.
As wrote in a previous blog “What About a Tax Checkup for Year 2021?,” this is also definitely a good time for filers to prepare for next year’s tax season by reviewing withholdings, retirement contributions, child tax credits, unemployment income and more.
Organized tax records make preparing a complete and accurate tax return easier. It helps avoid errors that lead to processing and refund delays with the IRS,” says Daniel Ahart, chief tax officer at the tax preparation company Daniel Ahart Tax Service®
Some Strategies You Can Use To Prepare To File Taxes Each Year
- Talk to your accountant about a tax checkup for year 2021 – Learn if you’re on track and may uncover ways to save over the next months.
- Gather and organize your tax records – Organized tax records make preparing a complete and accurate tax return easier.
- Check your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) – An ITIN only needs to be renewed if it has expired and is needed on a U.S. federal tax return.
- Make sure you’ve withheld enough tax – Consider adjusting your withholding if you owed taxes or received a large refund last year.
- Get banked to speed tax refunds with direct deposit – Direct deposit gives you access to your refund faster than a paper check.
Get The Help You Need When You Are Ready To File
Daniel Ahart Tax Service® prepares all tax returns, helps solve tax problems, and prepares back taxes. 22 Area Locations in Georgia.
Schedule An Appointment
Appointments are encouraged so that we are able to limit the number of people in our office. We ask that you come by yourself or with your spouse. Don’t bring extra people such as children.
Use our tool to find the office nearest you or click on a city link below. You will find office information and a link to schedule and manage your appointment on the office page.
Search For An Office
Select office for contact information or to schedule an appointment.