Tax Planning and Prep Work Can Save You Time And Money
- Gather all the annual tax documents you’ve received that record your taxable income and deductible expenses, most of which will arrive by the end of January.
- Collect all your receipts and organize them by category if you itemize your deductions.
- Ask your tax preparers whether to itemize or use standard deduction – You don’t need to bother with the receipts if you use the standard deduction.
- Keep last year’s taxes handy – Dig out a copy of last year’s taxes for reference.
- Get familiar with the new tax forms – Ask your Daniel Ahart Tax Service location to email you any tax forms you’ll need to file for your tax return.