The deadline for most retirement contributions for the tax year 2022 is April 15, 2024
However, if you have a Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA or a solo 401(k), the deadline for making contributions for the year 2023 is the tax filing deadline, including extensions, which is typically October 15, 2024.
It’s important to note that contribution limits and rules vary depending on the type of retirement account you have, so be sure to check with your Daniel Ahart Tax Service location or the IRS to ensure you are following the correct guidelines.
The deadline for most retirement contributions for the tax year 2022 is April 15, 2024, which is the same deadline for filing your tax return for the year 2022,” shared Daniel Ahart, chief tax officer at the tax preparation company Daniel Ahart Tax Service®.
Are you ready to file your taxes?
When you do, we encourage you to have at hand the following items:
- Current ID
- Social Security
- Employment Authorization (if applicable)
- Proof of Income (Form W2, Form 1099, Bank Statements)
- Form 1095A Health Insurance
- Virtual currency transaction reports
- Dependents (ID, birth certificate, school or medical report)
- *Actual address (Bill)
- Bank Information (Route and account number), it is necessary if you receive a refund or if you want to pay an outstanding amount
- If you have a registered company, remember to have an Income and Expense report ready, also if you are an independent worker. (Please refer to Home Budget Calculator for your references, to calculate relation of income and expenses)
- Property rental income
It is very important to take a moment to remember your own history during the year, in this way we reduce the risk of forgetting anything that needs to be reported on your tax return.
Remember that every person and every tax return is different, this is just a guide, please find the closest DATS location near you and do not hesitate to contact us. Daniel Ahart Tax Service will be open and ready to answer the phone or in person to clarify any doubts and to be able to guide you in the process,” explains Daniel Ahart, chief tax officer at the tax preparation company Daniel Ahart Tax Service®
Taking Care of your Crypto Taxes
Also, remember that if you have any crypto tax obligations for the 2023 tax year, you need to report it. Join the thousands of individuals in the State of Georgia that trust their taxes to Daniel Ahart each year!
Schedule An Appointment
Appointments are encouraged so that we are able to limit the number of people in our office. We ask that you come by yourself or with your spouse. Don’t bring extra people such as children.
Use our tool to find the office nearest you or click on a city link below. You will find office information and a link to schedule and manage your appointment on the office page.